healing philosophy & guiding principles
My healing approach is to help you cultivate a heart of jade.
I BELIEVE THAT WE ALL HAVE FOUR 'HEARts'- BODY, EMOTION,MIND AND SPIRIT.
WHEN THOSE FOUR HEARTS ARE INTERCONNECTED,NOURISHING AND FLOURISHING EACH OTHER IN A CONSISTENT AND SPECIFIC WAy, THEN AND ONLY THEN, DO YOU ACHIEVE and sustain optimum health and well-being.
the path that I've discovered to help you achieve this state of well-being encompasses my many years of holistic medicine and integrative health training, through preventive and complementary medicine. my healing approach is to customize treatments for my patients that provide comprehensive, safe, effective , drug-free evidence-informed health care. and is also open to the healing power of love and community. i hold specific guiding principles to help me carry out my healing philosophy:
- listen to you, the patient first. always. one of my old medical school teachers once quizzed us and asked, 'which medicine was the best for xx condition?' the answer; the one your patient will take. taking into account your preferences (lifestyle etc. ) is the foundation for a successful evidence informed practice and is as important to me, as the 'best holistic formula' for your condition.
- practice what i teach. - i once was taking a course from a teacher, that on break i discovered, was taking a 'smoke break'. it broke my heart, and it also reminded me that it was my responsibility to walk my talk as best as i could for the sake of my health and that of my patients.
- partnership in practice. we are in this together. no matter the treatment, or coaching you receive from me, what you do outside of our visit counts- a lot. so i will always express, encourage and embolden you to take charge of your health by taking daily actions that move you in the direction of that supports the best version of you possible. hooray for that!
- complete holistic care as preventative medicine. complete holistic care was the vision, and the original tagline for my first holistic health practice in ny back in 2008. whether it is health coaching, massage therapy or chinese medicine-- whenever possible, i will first use holistic care as preventative medicine to promote your well-being. if needed, as per the findings of your heart of jade baseline assessment (BA) or during follow up doctor visits, only then will i refer out to a western medicine colleague or will then recommend an integrative medicine approach (working with western medicine physicians) for your care.
- honor the body as a sacred temple of wisdom, and innate intelligence to inform my decisions for your care.
- meet you where you are at-figuratively and literally- i have a 'no borders' private practice allowing me the flexibility to be at different locations and to offer different levels of services as well.
- focus on one action for multiple benefits- i will always recommend a treatment, program or offering that will help provide as much support for your overall well-being as possible.
- you can't skip steps, but you can accelerate them- through my expertise, continued research and commitment to excellence, i believe there are healthy, safe and effective ways to reach your health and wellness goals in less time and with the most lasting positive effects.